Port Aransas is located south of Corpus Christi on Mustang Island. For over one hundred years, this place is known to be the crown jewel of vacation spots on the Texas coastline. But when exactly is the best time to visit Port Aransas, and what are the best things you can do while you’re there?
Best Time to Visit Port Aransas
Based on the climate, weather, peak travel seasons, cost of hotels, and flights, the best time to go and visit Port Aransas would probably around July – November. This is because the warmest month of the year in Port Aransas is August, where the temperature can get up to 31℃. On the other hand, during the winter months, the temperature in Port Aransas can get as low as 10℃ at night.
The longest days between sunrise and sunset in Port Aransas typically happens in July. That is why if you want to make the most out of your daytime activities while you are here, we suggest that you visit Port Aransas during this time. Keep in mind that it rains the most during September. That is why it is the wettest month of the year here in Port Aransas. Keep in mind that during the wet season, it can rain a little bit during the day or night, but it does not mean that it’s going to be gloomy weather for the rest of the day. So do not let it put you off.
Best Things to Do in Port Aransas
- Rent a kayak or SUP – Experience the 20 miles of well-marked paddling trails in Mustang Island or the Lighthouse Lakes by riding a kayak or SUP. Here you can also experience one of the best shallow-water fishing in Texas, and you can get a chance to catch a flounder, spotted seatrout, and red drum. If you do not want to fish, you can glide over sand flats or roam around salt marshes or the black mangrove estuaries. You can also spot some colorful and vibrant birds while in their natural habitats. Both of the trails we mentioned are part of the Texas Parks and Wildlife system.
- Try parasailing – If you’re a little bit adventurous and you want some adrenaline kick while you’re exploring Port Aransas, you can try to parasail and go up to 200 to 300 feet high in the air and over the ocean. Once you’re up there, you can get an unparalleled view of the ocean vistas. If you’re lucky, you might even find some dolphins swimming right under your feet.
- Watch the sunrise on the beach – If you’re not an early riser, waking up early to enjoy the sunrise view on the beach can be a bit hard. Still, it is definitely a worth it experience once you feel the sand beneath your toes and witness the sun slowly rise over the ocean. It is truly a magnificent view and a great experience.
- Ride horses on the beach – If you want to experience riding a horse in the waves of the ocean, then you should head on down to State Highway 361 and go to Horses on the Beach. This place is a family-friendly ranch that offers guided horseback rides in the sand while you’re feeling the warm breeze at the Gulf of Mexico.
- Rent a golf cart and explore the town – If you want to explore Port Aransas, then there’s no easy way than renting a golf cart to go around. Aside from seeing the beauty of Port Aransas, you can also do a bit of shopping or enjoy the fresh salt breeze off the Gulf of Mexico.